On September 22, the Office of the Chief Public Health Officer (OCPHO) updated several public health orders for the NWT. Wastewater samples continue to show an increase in COVID-19 signals and positive cases are increasing in a number of communities. Communities affected are Yellowknife, Ndilǫ, Dettah, Behchokǫ̨̀ and Whatı̀.
Please refer to the Government of the Northwest Territories’ website for the most up-to-date information. https://www.gov.nt.ca/covid-19/
As a result:
· Aurora College programs and classes based out of Yellowknife North Slave Campus will continue to be delivered online until October 8. Subject to public health orders in place at the time, face-to-face classes will resume on Tuesday, October 12.
· The majority of Aurora College employees in Yellowknife will continue to work remotely until October 8. Instructors and staff will continue to be accessible through MS Teams, email or voicemail.
· Programs that had been scheduled to begin at Behchokǫ̨̀ and Whatı̀ Community Learning Centres in September and early October will be continue to be postponed until after the containment order in those communities have been lifted.
· Programming at the Ndilǫ Community Learning Centre will be postponed until further notice.
At Yellowknife North Slave Campus, the following measures will remain in place through October 8.
· Payments will only be accepted online or over the phone (920-3030) by credit card
· A contactless system has been set up at the YKNS campus to receive textbooks, resources, ID cards, etc. and is by appointment only
· Classes will continue be delivered online; if there are any changes or exceptions, your instructor(s) will contact you with details.
We will continue to update you through your “myAuroraCollege” email and our website https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/covid-19/ as information changes.
As always, our top priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our students, employees and communities. Please follow all public health directions and guidelines.
Below is a list of resources available to you and directions to access them.
Interim Vice President, Student Affairs
Yellowknife North Slave Campus Contact Information – Student Supports
Registration and Admissions:
· Please email Sean Poitras, Associate Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 920-3039
Textbook orders and Pick-up:
· Please continue to follow the process outlined on our orientation web page: https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/student-orientation-2021/
· Process information: https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Aurora-College-Textbook-Ordering-Process-1.pdf
· Submit the textbook order form to the email@example.com email address.
· Questions about textbooks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Residence questions and support:
· Please email ResidenceYK@auroracollege.nt.ca
Email, Moodle, Microsoft Teams, Password resets, account access, and other IST related questions and support:
· Please email email@example.com for assistance.
· A Help Desk ticket will be started automatically. We are prioritizing these tickets for students at this time.
Payments, Student Accounts & Financial:
· You can make a payment using a credit card over the phone by calling 920-3030
· You can also make a payment using online banking by setting up Aurora College as a payee. Watch this video for instructions on how to set it up.
· If you have questions about your account, please email Sean Poitras, Associate Registrar – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 920-3039, or Layla Charlo, Finance Manager, email LCharlo@auroracollege.nt.ca or phone 920-3047
Student mental health and wellness support:
· If you need to talk to us, we are here for you.
· Please see the list of contacts for the Student Services team at YKNS Campus on our website at https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Mental_Health_Wellness_Supports_YK.compressed.pdf
· Student Counsellor Joanne Erasmus – email@example.com
· There are many helpful links on this page to helplines and online resources. Check them out.
· Have a look at the Student Toolkit on our website for more helpful tools, resources, links and information: https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/current-students/student-toolkit/
· The library at YKNS Campus will provide you with contactless access to library resources.
· To request an item, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
· The library also has a live chat feature on our website on which you can chat directly with one of our library staff: https://auroracollege.libguides.com/home
· Please email email@example.com or phone 920-3030
· Campus Director, Perez Oyugi – email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 920-3020
· We will make announcements and provide more information by email (to your ‘myauroracollege.ca’ email address), our website (under COVID-19 section), on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/auroracollegeNWT ) and on Microsoft Teams (please join the Yellowknife Campus Students team and the All Students – Aurora College team).