As we continue to work through all of the details of Aurora College’s response to the COVID-19 related public health measures in Yellowknife, Behchokǫ̀, Ndilǫ and Dettah, we would like to thank you again for your patience and understanding.
We are working hard to prepare for your temporary transition to online learning for the next two weeks. While this isn’t the way any of us intended to kick off the academic year, we are confident that you will continue to receive a high-quality educational experience whether your classes are online or face-to-face.
Our immediate focus is determining your needs to be successful during this time.
While the majority of our faculty and staff at Yellowknife North Slave Campus will be working from home from September 9 to September 24, a small team of staff will remain at the main Yellowknife North Slave Campus (YKNS) building to provide support if you need it. In addition, you will be able to access many supports and services without coming to the YKNS Campus. Wherever possible, we encourage you to reach out to us by email, phone, Microsoft Teams, etc.
Your instructors either have or will be contacting you with the program and class-specific information; we are including more general information about student services and supports in this email.
Registration and Admissions:
- Please email Sean Poitras, Associate Registrar – email@example.com or call him at 920-3039
Textbook orders and Pick-up:
- Please continue to follow the process outlined on our orientation web page: https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/student-orientation-2021/
- Process information: https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Aurora-College-Textbook-Ordering-Process-1.pdf
- Submit the textbook order form to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- Questions about textbooks, please email email@example.com
Residence questions and support:
- Please email ResidenceYK@auroracollege.nt.ca
Email, Moodle, Microsoft Teams, Password resets, account access, and other IST related questions and support:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- A Help Desk ticket will be started automatically. We are prioritizing these tickets for students at this time.
Payments, Student Accounts & Financial:
- You can make a payment using a credit card over the phone by calling 920-3030
- You can also make a payment using online banking by setting up Aurora College as a payee. Watch this video for instructions on how to set it up.
- As a last resort, if you would like to make a payment in person, please make an appointment to come to campus by calling 920-3030
- If you have questions about your account, please email Sean Poitras, Associate Registrar – email@example.com or phone 920-3039, or Layla Charlo, Finance Manager, email LCharlo@auroracollege.nt.ca or phone 920-3047
Student mental health and wellness support:
- If you need to talk to us, we are here for you.
- Please see the list of contacts for the Student Services team at YKNS Campus on our website at https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Mental_Health_Wellness_Supports_YK.compressed.pdf
- Student Counsellor Joanne Erasmus – firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are many helpful links on this page to helplines and online resources. Check them out.
- Have a look at the Student Toolkit on our website for more helpful tools, resources, links and information: https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/current-students/student-toolkit/
- The library at YKNS Campus will provide you with contactless access to library resources.
- To request an item, please email email@example.com
- The library also has a live chat feature on our website on which you can chat directly with one of our library staff: https://auroracollege.libguides.com/home
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 920-3030
- Campus Director, Perez Oyugi – email email@example.com or phone 920-3020
- We will make announcements and provide more information by email (to your ‘myauroracollege.ca’ email address), our website (under COVID-19 section), on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/auroracollegeNWT ) and on Microsoft Teams (please join the Yellowknife Campus Students team and the All Students – Aurora College team).
Once again, thank you for your patience as we work through this together. We look forward to the beginning of online classes next week and seeing you all back in the classroom soon!