Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 15th
Established in memory of Luke Charpentier in 2015, the Luke Charpentier Memorial Fund Scholarship was established to assist post-secondary or trades students from the City of Yellowknife with their studies. To be eligible, individuals must be residents of the City of Yellowknife, Northwest Territories (NWT), pursuing post-secondary education or trades training in any field, and must demonstrate these guiding values for the fund: the qualities of compassion, kindness, generosity, of being a positive influence on their peer group, and demonstrating sportsmanship and a love of the outdoors. Organizations from the City of Yellowknife with projects that benefit the community are also eligible to apply and so the scholarship is not awarded to a student every year.
Successful applicants are eligible to reapply for scholarships in subsequent years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.
Preference will be given to applicants that reflect the guiding values of the fund as set out above.
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The essay or written statement reflecting the guiding values for the fund,
- Community involvement, volunteering, and other achievements for scholarships,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this scholarship or grant.
Scholarship applications must include:
- A written statement of no less than 300 and no more than 500 words outlining how their past activities reflect the guiding values set out above.
- A letter from their school or a coach attesting to their being worthy of consideration for this award.
- Proof of acceptance into a post secondary or trades program.
- A Proof of Residency (PDF 176kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
Submit completed applications to Yellowknife Community Foundation: https://www.ykcf.ca/home/scholarships/luke-charpentier-memorial-fund/