Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 15th
Established in memory of Lena Gosselin in 2019, the Lena Gosselin Memorial Fund was established to support individuals seeking training in the area of executive office administration and management with a continued interest to work within the Northwest Territories. To be eligible, applicants must be a Northwest Territories (NWT) resident (minimum of two years); enrolled in an office administration/executive assistant program in the Northwest Territories or be currently in an administrative role, and must submit a personal essay: tell us who you are, personal accomplishments, indicate why such a program is of interest, motivation for entering the field, and career aspirations/interests/goals related to the Northwest Territories.
Applicants are eligible to re-apply for grants in successive years; however previous receipt does not guarantee future awards.
Applicants will be assessed on the following criteria:
- The eligibility requirements noted above
- Enrolment in an office administration/executive assistant program in the NWT or in a current administrative assistant role.
- A written statement (500 words max) outlining:
- The benefit they will obtain from the grant/scholarship,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this grant
- Career aspirations for the future as related to office administration/management.
Applicants must include the following documentation with their completed application:
- Educational progress, copy of enrollment registration
- Name of current employer and supervisor with contact information
A Proof of Residency (PDF 176kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
- Such other materials as the YCF may require.
Applications must be received by May 15 each year.
Submit completed applications to Yellowknife Community Foundation: https://www.ykcf.ca/home/scholarships/lena-gosselin-memorial-fund/