The Chief Public Health Officer (OCPHO) updated several public health orders for the NWT. Communities affected are Yellowknife, Ndilǫ, Dettah, and Behchokǫ̨̀.
Please refer to the Government of the Northwest Territories’ website for the most up-to-date information. https://www.gov.nt.ca/covid-19/
As a result:
- Aurora College programs and classes based out of Yellowknife North Slave Campus will continue to be delivered online until October 31. Subject to public health orders in place at the time, face-to-face classes will resume on Monday, November 1, 2021.
- The majority of Aurora College employees in Yellowknife will continue to work remotely until October 17. Instructors and staff will continue to be accessible through MS Teams, email or voicemail.
- Face-to-face programs that had been scheduled to begin at the Behchokǫ̨̀ Community Learning Centre in September and October will be continue to be postponed until after the containment order in that community has been lifted.
- Programming at the Ndilǫ Community Learning Centre will be postponed until further notice.
At Yellowknife North Slave Campus, the following measures will remain in place through at least October 17:
- Payments will only be accepted online or over the phone (920-3030) by credit card
- A contactless system has been set up at the YKNS campus to receive textbooks, resources, ID cards, etc. and is by appointment only
We will continue to update you through your “myAuroraCollege” email and our website https://www.auroracollege.nt.ca/covid-19/ as information changes.
As always, our top priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our students, employees and communities. Please follow all public health directions and guidelines.
Despite the limitations on gatherings in many of our communities, I hope that you are able to take some time for a well-deserved break this Thanksgiving weekend and are able to refresh and recharge. I hope you are able to connect and share the holiday with your family and friends whether it is in person or virtually.
Finally, below is a list of resources available to you and directions to access them.
Interim Vice President, Student Affairs