Customers today have high expectations. They are more demanding and less patient. Providing a positive, productive and proactive response is the key to exceptional customer service. Service skills always require updating, careful analysis, review and practice. This course examines the key to exceptional customer service by emphasizing the importance of first impressions, a positive service image and a customer focused approach.
- Develop a positive approach to dealing with customers
- Use responsive customer service skills
- Help customers to understand changes in service
- Keep your customer satisfied when explaining complex policies
- Respond to demands for service with the best use of resources
Why is great service important?
- How does it impact our customers?
- How does it impact our business/organization?
- How does it impact us personally?
How can we deliver exceptional service?
- An attitude adjustment
- Know your ‘product’
- Know your customers
- Why is this so important?
- Face to face
- Over the telephone
- Business image
- Value Exchange
- Building Trust
- Learning to Listen
- A different point of view
- Personality Differences
Keeping the Customer Satisfied
- Dealing with change
- Oops, we made a mistake!
- An attitude of gratitude
Managing Time & Resources
- Time Bandits
- Improving efficiency
Developing a Customer Service Plan
- Belief Statements
- Service Agreements
- Accountability/Reporting Loop