This 2-day workshop will cover a brief review of the basics including the five types of accounts (Assets, Liabilities, Equities, Revenue & Expense); Debits & Credits and some of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles that help to explain the theory behind some of the accounts in financial statements. Students will learn how to read, interpret and analyze financial statements for both for-profit and non-profit organizations.
- Debits & Credits
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement (Profit & Loss Statement)
- Statement of Cash Flows
Interpreting Your Financial Statements
- Comparison to Previous Years
- What do the numbers mean?
- Using Standard Ratios
- Retail Business Statements
- Service Business Statements
- Non-Profit Organization Statements