Number Available: 1
Deadline: May 15th
Established in by 2020 Rob Butler and Tannis Hushagen, the Butler-Hushagen Health Education Fund was established to support Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon residents pursuing post-secondary studies in a health-related field.
Prerequisites Applications for the scholarship are open to individuals who are a resident of the Northwest Territories, Nunavut or Yukon for a minimum of two years. To be eligible, an individual must be registered to attend a University, College or Technical Institute (e.g. SAIT) or an accredited program leading to a Degree or Diploma in a health-related field and planning on returning to the North after studies are complete.
Applications The deadline for applications is May 15 of each year. Applications must include a written essay of a maximum of 500 words on:
- How they have demonstrated the academic ability to be successful in their chosen field,
- How providing the scholarship to the applicant will benefit the north,
- The applicant’s past/current involvement in and contribution(s) to their community,
- Willingness to be involved in promotional activities in relation to this grant.
Applications must also include:
- Written confirmation of acceptance in a University, College or Technical Institute (e.g. SAIT) or an accredited program leading to a Degree or Diploma in a health-related field,
- Information on the field of study being undertaken,
- Educational transcripts for the most recent year of study,
- One letter of reference from a teacher, health care professional or community leader,
- A Proof of Residency (PDF 176kb) form must be submitted along with the application.
Submit completed applications to Yellowknife Community Foundation: https://www.ykcf.ca/home/scholarships/butler-hushagen-health-education-fund/